In today era, there are plenty of websites running on World Wide Web. Data security is the main concern now a days as many hackers and cyber criminal try to steal your data online through spreading viruses, spyware and other online threats. So the need of antivirus program is quite necessary for preventing these unwanted situations and for protection of your files and folders from these online threats. Many organizations have developed antivirus program to fight against these threats. McAfee is also one among all. While installing McAfee total scan or McAfee virus scan removal, some user faces McAfee virus scanner installation issue while installing McAfee product.
If you are facing installation issue of McAfee virus scan remover, you may get frustrated but you should try to get rid of this issue at McAfee.com/activate. There are many methods to solve this undesirable situation while using your McAfee product. You can also use MCPR (McAfee Consumer Product Removal) tool to fix this issue.
Sometimes this issue raise as user device is incompatible with this software or you have pre installed software in this device. You can visit at www.McAfee.com/activate for more guidance to get rid of this issue.
Follow the below methods to get rid of this issue
Method1: Run the pre-install setup on your device
- Download the setup file of your Norton product and save it on
- Click on the exe file on your device and follow the on-screen instruction.
- If any warning message appears then click on OK.
- Finish the installation and restart your device
- Check if the issue persists or not.
Method2: Use the admin account for installation
If you are not using admin account then you do not get some privilege to install application. So by using below steps you can get rid of this issue
- Open the run command in your system by pressing Win+R key together.
- Write “net user administrator/active: yes” and Click enter key.
- Now press crtl+Alt+Del key together and log out the system
- When screen appears again click on run as administrator
- Check if error persists or not.
Method3: Install McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool
- Go to McAfee com activate and install MCPR.
- Double click on .exe file installed on your device
- If warning appears click on yes and give permission for all messages appear on installation time.
- Once installation finish , it will run automatically
- Check if error remove or not
You can easily remove this error by following above method. If still you are not able to fix the issue, don’t worry, take help from expert at McAfee.com/activate.