If you are getting troubled by an error that depicts the message of ‘PC/Device needs to be repaired, then your system needs repair. If you are facing a similar issue of repair Error code 0xc0000605 with Mcafee, there here are the steps to fix the error.
Modify Date of System.
- In case you intend to modify the date of the system, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the clock and right-click on your system in the lower right-hand side of the screen.
- After that, click on the Adjust date/time option.
- You should modify ‘Set time automatically’ to Off.
- Select the Change option into the section ‘Change date and time.’
- Finally, input the right data and select the Change button.
Through Command Prompt.
If the users are trying to fix the error through command prompt, then they should carefully apply the given steps:
- You should attach a bootable media with the system.
- Thereafter, input the BIOS and adjust the previous date.
- Then place a bootable media the first boot device.
- You have to apply the modifications and then close it.
- When you reach the Windows installation page, hold the ‘Shift + F10’ keys at the same time.
- After that, input the commands provided under as the command prompt launches:
- cd c: windows
- attrib -r -h -s bootstat.dat
- rename bootstat.dat bootstat.old
- Once you execute the above command, remove the ‘Windows 10 installation media’ then reboot it.
- Once you reboot the Windows 10 system, you will be capable of downloading and installing the newest build.
- Now, once you install the newest build, you should adjust the date once again.
Installing Unavailable Updates.
In case you intend to install unavailable updates, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the Win + I keys at the same time on your system.
- After that, browse for the tab ‘Update and Security.’
- You should select the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- When you see any applicable updates, then they will start downloading automatically.
- Once the downloads are finished, it will be installed in the system when you reboot it.
Attempt Launching the Troubleshooter.
If the users are trying to attempt to launch the troubleshooter, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Hold the Win + I keys at the same time on your system.
- After that, click on the Settings panel.
- Navigate to the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- You should click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Finally, find the ‘Blue Screen’ option on the right then select the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ to launch the Blue Screen Troubleshooter and pursue another option of the window.
The above solutions will surely help you to deal with repair Error code 0xc0000605 with Mcafee. To get help with other issues related with Mcafee product or services, visit mcafee.com/activate